Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Thursday, March 15, 2012

6868, Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

Okay, next up is 6868, Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout. Okay, I just have to say it. I can't stand these LEGO sets that basically come down to "Recreate these 30 seconds from the movie that we're using for cross-promotions!" I mean, the Avengers were created in, what, 1963 (okay, I'll admit it, I just checked, but I knew if was before I was born)? And for the key set we have to get shoe-horned in to the latest Hollywood blockbuster that will come and go and then get relegated into being replayed on some random cable station on Saturday afternoons? Is this setting something recognizable that will stand the test of time (like, for instance, the Batcave - sure, we've seen many variations over the years through comics, TV and movies, but they're all recognizably the Batcave)? I, quite honestly, do not care about this setting. I'm sure I'll see and enjoy the movie, but this LEGO rendition is fairly forgettable.



The jet is nice, but, again, I've seen better from MOCs. I hadn't noticed before that Hawkeye has a cool new compound bow.



There are some nice new printed tiles and computer screens, but, let's face it, if you're spending US$50 on this, it's probably for the figs. Loki looks pretty good. His helm is kind of silly, but it is in the comics as well.



At the time of Toy Fair, Hulk did not yet have a face. I'm sure that made him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.



Thor looks good (the stickers at Toy Fair will be replaced by printed torsos), and we get a new mold for Mjolnir.



Here's another view, where you can also see Hawkeye and the Hulk. Hulk's face got better, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment