Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Set 10075 - Spider-Man Action Pack

It's been forever since I've done a set review. I want to try and get through all of the old products from the previous official Spider-Man and Batman themes before the new LEGO Super Heroes sets come out in January, so I'll make a concerted effort to get these posted. Okay, I've already mentioned the first two Spidey sets, 1376 - Spider-Man Action Studio and 1374 - Green Goblin. Soon after these came out, LEGO advertised that you could buy the sets in a bundle through Shop At Home and would get an addition: 10075 - Spider-Man Action Pack.



The addition was simply another 25 pieces, a cardboard backdrop, and instructions to expand the building from set 1376 and add a balcony. This allowed you to recreate the Green Goblin's first public appearance from the 2002 Spider-Man movie. Mean Greenie flies in to this public festival on his glider, kills off several of Oscorp's board, and in the process destroys a balcony and almost kills Mary Jane. Spidey of course saves the day.

When this first came out it was a nice little addition. If you hadn't previously bought sets 1374 and 1376, you could get them together and get a few extra bricks in the process (I think in the original offer at no extra cost versus buying the sets individually). I'd already bout 1376, so it wasn't worth it to me. Later they offered the little expansion by itself for $7, which was really not worth it for a handful of bricks. You could easily modify set 1376 with your existing collection to make something comparable.

You can find the instructions on LEGO.com, the inventory on Peeron, or purchase it on Bricklink.

Quick question for you ComicBrick readers out there. I never bought this expansion, so I never actually held the cardboard backdrop in my hands. On both Peeron and Bricklink they show what I assume is the other side of the backdrop:

Could someone who owns this set confirm if this is really the other side? I'd actually not noticed that before, and, if so, that's related to our next set review ... (stay tuned Spidey-fans, same bat-time, same bat-channel, er, whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment